Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lazy turnovers

So last night I decided we would have dessert. I have no idea why, but I felt like making it and this turned me into "mom is great" status.
I took some puff pastry dough and let it thaw for 40 minutes. Then I opened each square & cut it in fourths:
mobile
Next I spooned in some fruit filling, you can use some of the pie filling in a can. I personally simmered down some of the fruit I canned this summer.
mobile
Then you fold over the top and smash the edges down with a fork. (I like to imagine I'm smashing by bosses face with a fork).I've discovered I really like smashing things with a fork.
mobile
You can either brush it with an egg wash, or melted butter. I did melted butter & sprinkled sugar on top. I cooked it for 22 minutes at 400, and got this.
mobile
My neighbor stole some this morning & now I'm the queen of the court again.

No comments:

Post a Comment